Date lodged: 4 December 2018
To ask the Scottish Government what progress has been made on the review of employability services, which was one of the actions from the report, No One Left Behind: Next Steps for the Integration and Alignment of Employability Support in Scotland, which was published in March 2018.
Answered by: Jamie Hepburn 5 December 2018
The Review of Employability Services was published today. We have listened to users of employability services and people who work in the sector, and set out a series of actions that we will now develop with our partners in order to meet the following objectives outlined in No One Left Behind:
- a system that provides flexible and person-centred support;
- is more straightforward for people to navigate;
- is better integrated and aligned with other services, particularly, with health, justice and housing provision;
- provides pathways into sustainable and fair work;
- is driven by evidence, including data and the experience of users; and
- supports more people – particularly those facing multiple barriers – to move into the right job, at the right time.