Skip to main content

Parliamentary debates and questions

S5W-20022: Miles Briggs (Lothian)

Scottish Conservative and Unionist Party

Date lodged: 19 November 2018

To ask the Scottish Government what funding is available to (a) local authorities and (b) integration joint boards to encourage housing associations to adapt homes to make them accessible for tenants with an assessed need.

Answered by: Kevin Stewart 3 December 2018

Since the integration of health and social care, Integration Joint Boards are responsible for the planning and delivery of adaptations largely using budgets created by delegation from local authorities. Local authority budgets for adaptations are agreed locally from within the local government settlement and where appropriate Housing Revenue Account budgets.

We have also provided £10 million directly to Registered Social Landlords this year, to assist them in providing adaptations for their tenants.