Skip to main content

Parliamentary debates and questions

S5W-19396: Jackie Baillie (Dumbarton)

Scottish Labour

Date lodged: 15 October 2018

To ask the Scottish Government what services it has in place to help people suffering from withdrawal from anti-depressants.

Answered by: Clare Haughey 7 November 2018

Support for people coming off antidepressant medication is available from a range of sources. In the first instance, individuals should go to the prescriber, or their GP for help. Problematic medication withdrawals are best managed by routine, day time services that provide continuity of advice and contact. Emergency advice is unlikely to be necessary but is available from standard out of hours and NHS 24 services. Telephone support is also available from Breathing Space for people with anxiety and depression.