Skip to main content

Parliamentary debates and questions

S5W-16893: Graham Simpson (Central Scotland)

Scottish Conservative and Unionist Party

Date lodged: 30 May 2018

To ask the Scottish Government whether its current advice is that the safest way to clad and insulate buildings is to use only Euroclass A1 and A2 materials.

Answered by: Kevin Stewart 11 June 2018

The advice of Scottish Government is building regulations currently permit the use of any construction materials that can be evidenced as being suitable for their proposed use. Aspects such as the use and the height of the building are taken into account when determining the suitability of cladding and insulation materials.