Skip to main content

Parliamentary debates and questions

S5W-16115: Richard Lochhead (Moray)

Scottish National Party

Date lodged: 23 April 2018

To ask the Scottish Government what (a) funding and (b) support is available for people with Huntington’s disease in Moray, and what plans it has to enhance this.

Answered by: Aileen Campbell 4 May 2018

NHS Boards are responsible for planning and delivering healthcare services, including specialist services, to meet the assessed needs of their resident populations, taking into account strategic frameworks and guidance, within the allocations provided. Specialist care for Huntington’s is usually delivered as part of a multi-disciplinary team, comprising a range of professional input across the clinical, nursing and allied health professions. Staff working within these specialities are likely to cover more than one area.

With regard to the support available for people with Huntington's Disease in Scotland, I refer the member to the answer to question S5W-16117 on 4 May 2018. All answers to written parliamentary questions are available on the Parliament’s website, the search facility for which can be found at