Skip to main content

Parliamentary debates and questions

S5W-14565: Mark Griffin (Central Scotland)

Scottish Labour

Date lodged: 9 February 2018

To ask the Scottish Government, further to the answer to question S5W-14074 by Jeane Freeman on 8 February 2018, which payments of social security assistance will be made through the Department for Work and Pensions Central Payments System.

Answered by: Jeane Freeman 8 March 2018

The Scottish Government intends to make payment of all social security assistance through the Central Payment System, with the exception of Carers Allowance Supplement and Best Start Food, which will be paid through the Scottish Government finance system. Detailed design in this area is on-going as part of the Social Security Programme.