Date lodged: 29 January 2018
To ask the Scottish Government what actions were agreed following the meeting convened by the Cabinet Secretary for Economy, Jobs and Fair Work on 16 January 2018 following the liquidation of the construction company, Carillion.
Answered by: Keith Brown 26 February 2018
During the meeting Ministers sought urgent updates from all attendees regarding all actions and contingencies already in train before the meeting. The following additional actions were agreed:
- Skills Development Scotland to meet with Training Initiatives Generating Effective Results Scotland (T.I.G.E.R.S) on 17 January to discuss the situation and to provide feedback of this meeting to Ministers.
- It was confirmed that business organisations had been contacted with members being surveyed to allow the impact to assessed. The results of this survey were to be fed back to the Scottish Government.
- To contact the Federation of Housing Associations to seek any information they hold regarding affected contract works.
- All meeting attendees to maintain close contact with Scottish government
- All attendees to relay any relevant information and keep in close contact with Scottish Government officials and The Cabinet Secretary for Economy, Jobs and Fair Work’s office.