Skip to main content

Parliamentary debates and questions

S5W-11587: Mark Ruskell (Mid Scotland and Fife)

Scottish Green Party

Date lodged: 27 September 2017

To ask the Scottish Government how stakeholders in rural and remote areas can contact (a) the National Council of Rural Advisers and (b) its agriculture champions to submit evidence.

Answered by: Fergus Ewing 25 October 2017

a) In July 2017 I wrote to over 200 rural stakeholders inviting them to submit views and evidence to the National Council of Rural Advisers. In addition, anyone can contact the National Council via the mailbox Contact details are published on the National Council of Rural Advisers webpage of the Scottish Government website.

b) Any stakeholder can contact the Agriculture Champions via the mailbox to submit evidence through the secretariat provided by the Scottish Government.

Several stakeholder organisations have already taken the opportunity to submit reports and papers to both the Champions and the National Council.