Skip to main content

Parliamentary debates and questions

S5W-11395: Kezia Dugdale (Lothian)

Scottish Labour

Date lodged: 21 September 2017

To ask the Scottish Government how it monitors local authorities that are converting current care placements to continuing care placements.

Answered by: Mark McDonald 2 October 2017

All answers to written parliamentary questions are available on the Parliament’s website, the search facility for which can be found at:

I refer you to the answer to question S5W-11400 on 2 October 2017. We do not yet have detailed information on the number of young people who have requested Continuing Care. The first full year of data will be collected in 2017-18 and, depending on data quality, published from 2019 in the annual National Statistics publication Children’s Social Work Statistics. We will monitor this information and any other evidence offered by Scotland’s local authorities to clarify numbers in the years post-implementation.