Skip to main content

Parliamentary debates and questions

S5W-10881: Richard Lochhead (Moray)

Scottish National Party

Date lodged: 23 August 2017

To ask the Scottish Government what funding it provides to support the teaching of British Sign Language in colleges.

Answered by: Shirley-Anne Somerville 18 September 2017

British Sign Language courses are taught across a range of levels at college and university. The funding for the college courses comes from the core teaching allocation provided by the Scottish Government through the Scottish Funding Council.