Skip to main content

Parliamentary debates and questions

S5W-02232: Alison Johnstone (Lothian)

Scottish Green Party

Date lodged: 31 August 2016

To ask the Scottish Government what financial support it will put in place for support workers in care at home and housing support services who, from 2017, are required to register with the Scottish Social Services Council.

Answered by: Mark McDonald 14 September 2016

It is the responsibility of individual registered workers to pay their registration fees and of their employers to support them to develop the skills needed for their roles. The Scottish Government is providing resource to enable delivery of the living wage commitment which will directly support care workers for adults in care at home and housing support settings.