Skip to main content

Parliamentary debates and questions

S5W-01608: Alex Rowley (Mid Scotland and Fife)

Scottish Labour

Date lodged: 22 July 2016

To ask the Scottish Government whether public bodies will be required to prepare, maintain and publish a register of land wholly or partly within their area that is of a prescribed description, or satisfies prescribed criteria, with regard to brownfield land.

Answered by: Angela Constance 11 August 2016

We have no plans to require public bodies, or local authorities, to produce registers of brownfield land. A register of each urban vacant and derelict site surveyed by local authorities in the 2015 Scottish Vacant and Derelict Land Survey is available on the Scottish Government website at