Our diverse workforce brings a range of experiences and views, which help us work better.
We know that to have a diverse workforce we need to create a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique role.
Attraction and recruitment
We want to attract a broad range of people to work for the Parliament. To do this, we have an inclusive employment policy.
Visit the Parliament’s recruitment section to find out about opportunities to work for the Parliament.
Diversity staff networks
The Parliament has 6 diversity employee network groups which provide support to people from diverse groups. The networks are a good way to:
- connect with people from all over the Parliament
- build contacts
- share experiences
- arrange events
All staff can join any network groups.
The Parliament’s networks are:
- BAME Network - offers support, advice and social connection to colleagues from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds
- Mental Health Network - aims to make it easier to talk about mental health
- SPOut LGBT+ Network - develops awareness and understanding of the experiences and challenges of LGBT+ colleagues
- YP @ SP - supports young staff members and staff who work with young staff members
- Women's Network - is an inclusive network run by women, for everyone
- ParliAble Network - supports disabled people